Which initiatives to put in place to improve D&I in your company?
How to make the change in 2020 for a more inclusive tech industry?
In this article, Adriana Gascoigne, founder and CEO of Girls in Tech, explains why it is important to speed up the pace in diversity & inclusion: a recent study by BCG suggests that “increasing the diversity of leadership teams leads to more and better innovation and improved financial performance.” In fact, the report found that companies with more diverse management teams have 19% higher revenue due to innovation.
Here are some of Adriana’s tips to make the change:
- Recruit a “personal advisory board” of experienced professionals
- Seek employment opportunities with companies that have high “culture scores”
- Speak up in the boardroom or conference room
- Stand up to bullies
- Take yourself seriously and make decisions confidently
- Don’t default to saying “it’s ok” or “no big deal” unless you really mean it
Read the full article here to discover more!
Let’s start 2020 with some good resolutions!